Care Home Negligence Claims & Solicitors | Nursing Home Legal Advice

Care Home Negligence Claims


    Please check your details before you submit this form. By submitting your details you confirm your agreement to our privacy policy

    Care & Nursing Home Negligence Claims

    If your elderly or vulnerable loved one has suffered an injury, illness or even death due to negligent care in a nursing home or care home, your family may be entitled to a Care Home claims.

    When your loved one is admitted to a care home, you trust that they will be well looked after, even if it requires round-the-clock care. In most cases, care homes and nursing homes do all they can to ensure those in their care are always safe, healthy and protected. However, there are times when they fail to do so and the consequences can be quite devastating and sometimes life-altering.

    What are the Most Common Care Home Claims?

    Some of the most common medical negligence cases in care homes and nursing homes include:

    Medication and Prescription Errors

    • Administering the wrong medicine
    • leading to incorrect prescription
    • Failing to provide accurate medication instructions
    • Failing to keep updated records of a patient’s medical history

    The effects of medication and prescription errors can be fatal and even life-threatening and, at the very least, can make the vulnerable person ill.


    With age and related conditions come the risk of fall injuries. However, age and brittle bones may not always play a role in falls. Slippery floors, misplaced objects, out-of-reach objects and lack of assistance to get out of bed can lead to fall injuries and potential grounds for care home negligence claims.

    Pressure Sores and Ulcers

    Pressure sores and ulcers can develop under different conditions. For instance, if a plaster is incorrectly placed after a fracture or the patient’s skin has been in contact with the bed for prolonged periods, pressure sores and ulcers may develop. These sores can be painful and recovery times can be really long. In fact, some sores do not heal at all; they may lead to infection and limit the patient’s ability to move.

    Making a Care Home Negligence Claim

    If your loved one has received substandard care, or has been subject to human rights violations, suffered an injury, you are likely to be frustrated and seek answers. You may also want to know whether your family may be able to claim compensation. This is where you need care home solicitors to assist you. Read our Guide to Claim Against Care Home Negligence.

    Specialists in Care Home Neglect Claims

    If you believe your loved one has suffered medical negligence in a care home, it is time to contact care home solicitors. A solicitor will analyze the evidence of care home negligence you have and, before long, let you know whether or not you have a valid claim for compensation. A reputable solicitor will offer to get your care home negligence claims process started on a No Win No Fee basis – an arrangement that ensures you are still able to hold the negligent party to account even if you have limited financial resources.

    Where care home negligence is obvious and there is enough evidence to prove it, the negligent party will likely agree to an out of court settlement. Bypassing a drawn-out court process means you can receive your compensation award earlier.
    However, if the negligent party fails to accept responsibility or there are more than one parties involved, the case will likely be taken before the courts. The judge will analyze the evidence from both sides of the divide and award a compensation that is commensurate to the injuries suffered by you or your loved one.

    If you have suffered due to Care Home Negligence, speak to one of our Care Home Negligence compensation claims solicitors today. They will be able to provide you with a Free Claim Assessment today.

    Contact A Specialist Solicitor Today For A Free Claim Assessment

    Call Us Today On: 0800 644 4240
    Make A Claim Contact Us

    How Much Can I Claim for Care Home Negligence?

    Naturally, every care home negligence case is unique, and the compensation a claimant is awarded will depend on the severity of the injury suffered and its impact on your life. You will also be able to make claims for any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the negligent act; this may include loss of earnings, cost of treatment and cost of additional care.

    How Much Time Do I have for the Claims Process?

    If you believe you have a valid claim for care home negligence, it is important that you seek advice from specialist solicitors for care home negligence as soon as possible. In the UK, a claim should be made within three years from the date the negligent act occurred or the date you were first aware of the injury. However, there are exceptions:

    The general three-year time limit does not apply when:

    • The injured person lacks the mental capacity to make a claim. A time limit does not apply until they are mentally capable
    • The injured person has passed away. The claim must now be made within three years of the death.
    • The injured person is a child. The three-year limit only begins when the child turns 16 in Scotland and 18 in Wales and England.

    Why Choose Medical Negligence Direct?

    At Medical Negligence Direct, we work with a panel of medical negligence solicitors who stand up for the mistreated and vulnerable. Not only do we have many years’ experience in helping victims of care home negligence secure compensations, we apply the utmost sensitivity to ensure your case is handled with great care.

    We understand how difficult the medical negligence claims process can be; this is why we support you and your family through this most challenging time. You can rest assured we will be dedicated to fighting your case to the finish line because our goal is to secure the compensation you deserve.

    Our Specialist Care Home Negligence Solicitors are here to advise you today on a No obligation  Basis. Simply Complete the Contact Form above or call us on 0800 644 4240.